Mailing List

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Changing Vision (Web Shifters, #2)Changing Vision by Julie E. Czerneda
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think this books was a bit better than the first. Being the last of a species, cultivating long-term friendships, and following your heart and curiosity is a pretty awesome way to start a book, IMHO. :)

Of course, things get hairy and complicated, and I won't spoil any of that, but I do want to mention something.

I'm reminded -- a lot -- of Farscape's Moby Dick and Odo from Deep Space Nine. In a lot of deep ways. You know, for you SF tv fans who know these stories inside and out. If you like either, you'll like this series. The combination is comfortable, enjoyable, and very familiar.

So while I may never call this groundbreaking, I can call it a solid, character-based SF with a cool biological basis featuring many kinds of aliens.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment