Mailing List

Sunday, October 28, 2018

The Fall of the House of Cabal (Johannes Cabal, #5)The Fall of the House of Cabal by Jonathan L. Howard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

All right then!

We go from quite amusing escapades right to OMG this is so freaking awesome in one book.

To say I love this little romp through Hell, mystical monkey paw alternate dimensions, and a burning London filled with airships, cowering leeches, and an invasion spawned from one scorned woman is to say that a supervolcano is kinda pretty from orbit.

I love this.

Every part of it speaks of a delightful gathering featuring all the best companions our amoral but unfortunately slightly-conscience-laden hero can summon on short notice. We have another mystical quest featuring him, his vampire brother, a spider devil, a few heavily armed natural humans as they are subject to the wiles of substitute satans, reverse-backstabbing-devils, and the realization that all of the worst evils in the world are caused by women. Of course, the last is entirely justified and quite amusing.

Anyone who says otherwise has not been on the right side of her wrath. Shame on you.

I've read a lot of Jonathan Howard's novels by this point and I think it's fairly safe to assume that I've become a slavering fanboy. Especially after this last one. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment