Mailing List

Friday, May 19, 2017

Thin AirThin Air by Michelle Paver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoy ghost stories in general, so getting into this modern rendition of a historical mountaineering thriller turned ghost story was pretty fun.

Granted, such stories about climbing mountains in the 30's have a long tradition. And of course, so do ghost stories. But regardless, this mash-up was first and foremost WELL WRITTEN. Modern style, of course.

I had a good time. That's pretty much all. It has brotherly angst, a fight against the elements, tragedy, pettiness, and above all, really great foreshadowing. Most of my enjoyment came from trying to find out what Kind of ghost story it would become, and when I learned, I was mightily pleased. Nuff Said about that.

It was pleasing. Thrilling, full of pathos, and it even included a great dog. What more can we ask for in a popcorn horror?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment