Mailing List

Sunday, May 14, 2017

The Seven Secrets of the Silver Shoes: Principles for Success on and Off the FieldThe Seven Secrets of the Silver Shoes: Principles for Success on and Off the Field by Joe Washington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'll be honest, books about sports (or sports in general,) generally can't strike my fancy.

But it is rather cool to hear anecdotes from a football legend that really feels like a genuinely nice guy. The general advice for living isn't heavy-handed or inappropriate. Indeed, I really enjoyed the last section on using your imagination even more than just listening to your coach, giving credit where credit is due, or even accepting the fact that we all have to back up.

It's very light fare, true, but it's also charming and it should be a huge delight for Football fans.

Hell, when I used to live in Oklahoma, I remember hearing all about Joe, too! It's odd how life turns us around and jogs our memories. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment