Mailing List

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Tomato ThiefThe Tomato Thief by Ursula Vernon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ah, a return to the old tales of the Coyote and the Raven, with a special appearance from a couple of dragons, a mule, and an old woman. :)

This is the first story I've ever read by Ms. Vernon, but I'm sure it's not going to be my last. There's a lot of old Soutwestern Tales in her and since I've spent most of my life submerged in that whole world, it kinda felt a bit like I was going home.

Bring on the trains and the mythology, I say, give me a tale of trickery and world-building in the grand old style, and set me back upon my feet to face the world and its constant change.

Nice. :)

And this story is also nominated for the '17 Hugos. Gotta catch up and pick the best of the year!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment