Mailing List

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Kill DecisionKill Decision by Daniel Suarez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my fourth by Daniel Suarez and I'm constantly surprised at how versatile he is.

This one is a straight Techno-Thriller, right down to the tight and crafty combat cell, nifty science-types, and even a great little section of programmers. But most of all, it's all about the explosions, the close calls, the gunfire, and the smells.

The smells? Oh yes. I won't give away anything plot related because learning and discovery is the name of the game for this novel... but suffice to say: swarming is a big thing. Whether computationally, socially, or otherwise.

Suarez is really great at seeing technology and taking the consequences one or seven steps further, grounding us in our world strongly, and then making us adapt or die. It's a blast.

But if I was to simplify the hell out of this novel, I'd just say, "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! :) It's Drones!"

:)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment