Mailing List

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a more mature tale from this great Husband and Wife team, easily, and the relationship between Curran and Kate reflects it. I can't be happier.

When it comes to plot, of course, we have one hell of a string of previous novels to build and explode all over these pages, too, and the surprises are generally both horrific and pleasing.

Unfortunately, I can't gush over all the wonderful characters who return or who are developed or the other subset of characters who are wonderfully missing from these pages unless I start going into spoiler territory, but I will say that Family is full of Joys and Terrors, no?

ROLAND! He's a character and a half, and I mean that any way you wish. I can't help but think that he's truly tragic and absolutely delightful while simultaneously wishing I could throw the entire board of the Geneva Convention against him. What a guy. What a horrible, evil, no good guy! I mean, he wants to run ramshod over the menu at the wedding and kill their unborn son! What the hell?

When it comes to action, though, I loved this one. When love and war comes at them at almost the same time, things will never be the same. The binding, as you might guess, is a very happy wedding, btw. :) I know lots of people who will start gushing over that scene. These guys are a very lovable couple. Roar. :)

What and end, though. If the rumors are true, then there's only one more book in this series. I can see it. Things are beginning to wrap up, but the REALLY big action has yet to come. At least Kate and Curran and Co might actually have a spitball's chance in hell, this time. Maybe.

Or maybe not. Oh goodness. This a mark of a really good writer, no? I can't guess whether the end will be happy or not. Eeek. I wait with baited breath for the next. ; ;

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Check out EXILE ON BRIDGE STREET @goodreads
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25942936-exile-on-bridge-street
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete