Mailing List

Thursday, September 1, 2016

King Henry IV, Part 2King Henry IV, Part 2 by William Shakespeare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't consider these plays as solitary occasions. I'm all teary-eyed.

Who knew I could shed tears for poor old Falstaff, even now? I mean, sure, he's a fool and a rascal and incorrigible, but at the core of it, he and Hal were friends, weren't they?

And yet, even while I hate Hal a little for his decision, I love him all the more for it and everything else. Truly, he was the best king. Not only very aware of his audience, but always playing to every side, learning the craft of people and of hard decisions.

Then again, he's always known about hard decisions and all of this couldn't have been more studied and careful. Even his jests boast of tactical genius.

Fanboy? Yeah. I am. Of a character. lol

Still, it was a rather heart-wrenching scene with the prince and his father at the end. *sniffle*

Sorry. I just love these plays so much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment