Mailing List

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Veiled (Alex Verus, #6)Veiled by Benedict Jacka
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another solid edition, but it suffers from being less personal on any front. I mean, Verus as a probationary Keeper (a cop) of the Light Mages? It sounds like the plot needed a bit of stretching, to me, but okay, I'll get over it, let's see where this takes us.

Politics. Of course, it has to be politics.

Fun fight scenes, interesting developments in the mage world, and a pretty glorious take-down mission full of intrigue and double-crossings, but like I said, less of a personal novel. There's no new grand reveals or anything when it comes to Verus or his friends. If it wasn't for the politics and the sense that some major shit is going to come down in the upcoming novels, I'd almost say to prospective readers to skip this one, but it was still entertaining even if it felt more like a military action than an UF novel during the last quarter of the novel.

To each their own. I still thought it was good.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment