Mailing List

Friday, December 11, 2015

Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2)Golden Son by Pierce Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Truly a fantastic sequel. This one is all story, losing and improving fortunes, and much heavier stakes compared to the first novel.

I think I like this one much better. We've got to gain an empire, after all, and try to do it without losing yourself, your friends, or your purpose. It's quite delicious and well crafted. There's a lot of action and none of it gets boring. There's a great mix of politics, motivations, subversions, plain heroism, and stark terror.

The writing is truly excellent. I was never once bored. This is more than simple popcorn entertainment. It's pretty epic.

:)

I can't wait for the third book coming soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment