Mailing List

Monday, December 14, 2015

Rolling in the DeepRolling in the Deep by Mira Grant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Good clean fun.

It's horror in all the grand traditions. Want B-Movie sensibilities? Check. Want monstrous mermaids? Check. Want a Sy-Fi film crew staging a mermaid expedition to get torn apart by the real thing? Check.

Did I say Sy-Fi? I mean Imagine Network. Sorry. I didn't mean to make any disparagements. We're NOT trying to make a statement about anything. Truly. This is just a good clean horror, all fun, no message. Really. We certainly don't want to ruin our chances to get a made-for-tv movie based on this novella by the Sy-Fi network. It's perfect for it.

Who survives this tale? The lawyers. It's pretty classic.

Of COURSE the lawyers survive. I mean, out of anyone to come out of the Mariana Trench, the greatest predators are NOT the mermaids or the sharks.

*sigh* If only there had been an appearance of Aquaman to save the day. That would have been PERFECT.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment