Mailing List

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of TimeThe World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time by Teresa Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I definitely won't regret reading this compendium of the Wheel of Time series.

I mean, it doesn't exactly tell me much that is all that new, but that's because I've read the series so many times and the information within this is only good up to book 7. (Of course what's IN this is still good for the rest, the worldbuilding is what makes the series so special, IMHO).

But this is what I really love about reading the compendium: the concise and easy breakdown of places, times, big characters, and some big events.

My favorite is the breaking of the world, the time of legends. I absolutely loved hearing the step-by-step of the war and the Forsaken that had gone over to the Dark One, what their specialties were, and how the society crumbled after being a utopia. *sigh*

My second favorite is the whole legend of Artur Hawkwing and the empire he founded. Everything else, like the mechanics of the weaves, was great fun.

It's not necessary to read this, of course, but it sure presented some of the best pieces in a straightforward light. I doled this out for myself like a treat when I was jonesing for some more WoT.

Spoiler alert: it helped.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment