Mailing List

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Antiagon Fire (Imager Portfolio, #7)Antiagon Fire by L.E. Modesitt Jr.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The writing is solid and I've never had a problem with the ongoing military campaigns, for the most part, in any of Modesitt's books, but I do have a few concerns:

The MC started off more talky and clever in the first books in this cycle and gradually became a hard-ass military commander in this one. The justification? Setting up a safe space for all Imagers by way of world domination (or something close to it).

Do I really fall into this line of reasoning?

No, not really. But the book itself was still entertaining. I just wish there was more of what made me enjoy the previous ones and not this whole empire-building stuff. It's literally invasion time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment