Mailing List

Saturday, January 29, 2022

New Spring (The Wheel of Time, #0)New Spring by Robert Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was of several minds about when to read this one. Not IF I would read it, but when. I mean, if you're a fan of WoT, it's more a matter of wanting ALL of it and never letting even a single stubborn man, woman, or word out of your grip.

In this case, however, in this Great Re-Read of the series, I decided to read Eye of the World first and THEN the prequel that takes place almost two decades before the events of EotW because of the TV show that recently came out.

Yes, a number of the plot points and character introductions are directly related to the first book AND the prequel. Almost all of the White Tower sequences, Aes Sedai introductions, worldbuilding, and especially the deeper connection between Moiraine and Lan are given more weight in the show BECAUSE of the push of the prequel.

I don't really don't mind.

Of course, I'm already VERY familiar with these characters from the rest of the series and this re-read just tickles me to death. The walk-ons of Verin and Cadsuane were totally delicious.

But what really got my heart pumping was Siuan and Moiraine's friendship and induction, the prophecy that got them out into the world on the mission, and best of all, Lan and Moiraine. They were so funny together.

To me, this is a never-miss book. From here on out, I'll never read it out of order.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment