Mailing List

Thursday, January 27, 2022

The 22 Murders of Madison MayThe 22 Murders of Madison May by Max Barry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

To be honest, I think I like the idea of this novel more than its execution. And that's saying a lot because I've read a goodly number of Max Barry's novels and I always thought he was fantastic at ideas AND execution.

But then, for a thriller with multiple reality-hopping and a serial killer, maybe I expected a bit more action over relationship stuff. It was interesting, mind you, but my mind kept wandering during all the personal detail-nitpicking and suspicions that weren't murder-y. It had a slow burn that didn't quite burn hot enough for me.

Otherwise, it was okay. I was mostly defeated by my higher expectations.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment