Mailing List

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1)Something from the Nightside by Simon R. Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This isn't bad. I mean, it goes right from cliche to an all-out imagination fest in the OTHER, hidden London trope, but for all that, the cliche is both a familiar anchor and the other, wild London IS very interesting and all over the place with goodies.

No slow build-up here. We're just thrown into the big and weird right away and that is sometimes VERY fun.

That being said, I need some time in this series before I truly care for its main character. Other than his OP powers and his anger at being pulled back into Nightside, he's still kinda one-dimensional.

I can only hope that improves. The worldbuilding is quite fun.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment