Mailing List

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside, #2)Agents of Light and Darkness by Simon R. Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This UF is notable for diving right into the big supernatural stuff, angels and demons, the unholy grail, and all kinds of overpowered baddies in the mixing ground called Nightside. I mean, we even get that old undead great, Merlin, who freaks out both angels and demons. That's pretty cool.

The plot is neat, too. As is the worldbuilding.

So why aren't I fawning over this the way I want to?

Because our MC is kinda colorless. Everything around him is pretty awesome but our boy is kinda a badass without working for it, has a reputation without building to it, and we've even skipped right over the whole "I still want to live in normal London" persona and having him settled back in Nightside without anything... not even a shoulder shrug.

So, handwavium this. I can still enjoy everything else, and do, but it hasn't become my new favorite series. Alas.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment