Mailing List

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Nightingale's Lament (Nightside, #3)Nightingale's Lament by Simon R. Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't know. If I'm being entirely honest, the bright and vibrant Nightside isn't being served too well by its overpowered private eye. I suppose I might have fallen head-over-heels for this whole thing if I had gotten to know him as being anything other than unbeatable. The stakes are always for the town or for his clients or for his friends. His own stakes are rather lukewarm.

So here I am, enjoying the novels IN GENERAL while still not caring for the MC. Sure, he's got that whole nicer-looking Hellboy vibe, but only to a small degree. The rest of it is noir with interesting side characters and a fairly solid plot.

So it's not BAD, it's just not doing all that much for me. It's missing that particular flavor. I'll try more, however.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment