Mailing List

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Re-read 12/17/20:

Well, it's a good sign, I think, that my girl just started reading English this year and she has just now finished Chamber of Secrets with me.

And now, after getting good replica wands, our house robes, and a sizeable repertoire of magical incantations, we're ready to re-watch the first two films.

A family that fanboys together, squees together.

Please, no Obliviate!


Original review:

Harry Potter Re-Read with buddies!

It turns out that I didn't miss much the first time I read this more than a decade ago, but that's not an issue. I still loved the story. It helps that I've watched the movie a gazillion times.

Sometimes it's all about introducing a new generation to basilisks and evil diaries and old socks. :)

Sometimes it's all about hating muggles.

I hate muggles! Ahem. I mean, sometimes muggles really get on my nerves. :) And sometimes they deserve everything they get. Hmmm. I get the impression, sometimes, that I might have done very well in Slytherin. :)

But alas, the test has me firmly in Hufflepuff. I'm okay with that. Really. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment