Mailing List

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Bone Silence (Revenger, #3)Bone Silence by Alastair Reynolds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This third, more traditional space opera by Alastair Reynolds has now come to a close.

Sisters, pirates, the unraveling of the mystery of humanity, the clackers, and the aliens. It's all here. Space battles, old alien skulls with powers, pride, vengeance, greed, and acceptance.


Honestly? For most of the book, aside from a few areas where the pacing was a bit off, it was a very popcorn read. I've never read a space opera that so closely conformed to the mythos of pirating without feeling at all contrived. All the elements were there but it all felt natural and obvious in the SFnal rules of the galaxy. And the mystery only helped. Hell, the mystery, once we know what it really is, was enough to land this book another star. :)


While these books don't really feel like the oldschool Reynolds I've fanboyed over, I am far from disliking them. BUT, I still only think they are above average, not fantastic.
Great to quench boredom, tho. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment