Mailing List

Friday, December 25, 2020

Dungeon Born (The Divine Dungeon, #1)Dungeon Born by Dakota Krout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

To be very, very clear, this is a precision niche reading experience. Within that realm, it is EXTREMELY fun.

So what is it? RPG in literature format. LitRPG, in short. And for all of us out there who DIE for pencil-and-paper adventures, immersive Skyrim-like game-playing, or just tongue-in-cheek min-max Dungeon Master setups, then this is ALL kinds of perfect. :)

Character development is lighthearted and secondary to the GOOD STUFF. What good stuff?

LEVELING UP, BABY! What goodies will we get, what skills will we develop!?

But wait... this particular book is special. One of the two main PCs is a DUNGEON.

So I'm having flashbacks on Dennis Taylor's Bobbiverse but in a perfectly fantasy setting and I feel like it's Christmas.

Oh, wait, it IS CHRISTMAS TODAY.

I guess I got exactly what I wanted for Xmas!!! :) *settling down for a new level-grind*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment