Mailing List

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Dungeon Calamity (The Divine Dungeon, #3)Dungeon Calamity by Dakota Krout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is absolutely niche fantasy but DAMN it is FINE. I've got a mind that LOVES setting up rules and knocking them over, exploiting them, finding loopholes, and generally playing mayhem.

This book, and the two before it, are FINE examples of this kind of thinking. I've not seen a finer example of a leveling-up progression in or out of a LitRPG (or game) setting. Breaking into Mage ranks is FUN.

Lots of action, lots of destruction, and even more worldbuilding. Literally. This is, after all, an intelligent dungeon that is creating its own world and providing a service as well as a challenge for all the people come to loot it. Win/win. All that death and destruction is symbiosis. (What an odd idea, no?)

I'm loving it. I'm especially loving how BIG it's getting. This, to me, is great popcorn fiction. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment