Mailing List

Monday, February 27, 2017

Paragon.EXE (Absolute Knowledge Book 0)Paragon.EXE by Drew Cordell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a good prequel and especially a good taste of some very nice world-building. My appetite for the novel Absolute Knowledge is whetted almost perfectly.

The fact that the action is split between programmers and a burgeoning AI in the 1960's and a 180 years in the future from that point doesn't leave me flat. It's a great way to get us interested in a way that's grounded and pique our interest in how the continuity is set up.

There's no real surprise that consciousness is uploaded here if we've read the blurbs for the proper novel, but that's just it: this is the setup, the taste-tester, the appetizer. :) It just makes me all the hungrier and now I've just got to wonder whether we've just been introduced to a hero or a villain. :)

Sweet! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment