Mailing List

Friday, May 24, 2024

PermanencePermanence by Karl Schroeder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While I won't say this is my favorite space opera of all time, I can say it goes well above and beyond the average. If the point is to have fun, to grow as a person while running for a dream that practically landed in your lap, and then to discover you have a calling, then this book pretty much slams it.

It's highly balanced SF, with fun characters, well-thought-out worldbuilding (or rather, universe-building), interesting aliens, and mysterious spacecraft with twists as to their nature. We get to explore a lot of places, get into wild new troubles, and moreover -- it's satisfying.

There's commentary, of course, but the story and the journey is king.

Well worth it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment