Mailing List

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Shadow's Edge (Night Angel, #2)Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Middle book syndrome kinda hits with this one, but it could be much, much worse. I thought it was fine to have some romantic woes, but the direction it took was a bit too funny for such a big, badass assassin to have to deal with. Of course, all of that setup was necessary for later plot reasons, but it was my least favorite part of an otherwise excellent grimdark epic fantasy.

My favorite part was the focus on the more epic scale and the God King and just how deliciously evil he is. There's something to be said about madness in one's powerful foes.

Otherwise, I love seeing Kylar grow (or slide) in his ways. It will make it all the more sweet, later.

However, I should like to mention that Logan is the real stand-out for me. His adventure in the pit was rather awesome. I think every would-be king should know the true smell of the pit. Gives one a bit of perspective.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment