Mailing List

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Sins of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #1)Sins of Empire by Brian McClellan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't believe I'm only now returning to this series. I loved the first trilogy and then completely forgot about the books that were to take place years after the first.

I should have run, not slept, toward them.

I honestly loved getting a huge taste of these characters once again. They carried everything before and carried everything in this solid Epic Fantasy once again. What I like best: Ben. It's always Ben. He's totally grounded, a tough badass, and he always gets dragged into the most interesting situations.

Of course, if it wasn't for the worldbuilding, the great locations, the perfect balance of politics, military, sedition, and intrigue, I wouldn't have loved it half so much. I can't forget the magic system.

Best of all is how engaged I was with everything. I was never bored once. That, I'm afraid, is the real test, and this certainly passed. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment