Mailing List

Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Portable Door (J. W. Wells & Co., #1)The Portable Door by Tom Holt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So yeah, I've read this author's other books, more recent ones, and I thought it would be a lark to go back in time and check out some of his early stuff.

I'm so happy I did.

Why? Because we've got this whole hate-work vibe going on and absolutely no clue what's happening but what's happening is a groan-worthy office romance, goblins, magic, goblins, love philters, goblins, and a little hole in space-time to keep us hopping.

And it's funny. Oh, how I needed this little dab of quirk in my life. It's filling that little humorous hole that I've been missing.

To tell you where I'm coming from with this, I'm reminded a lot of Jodi Taylor and Terry Pratchett. Take of this what you will. For some of us, that's more than enough. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment