Mailing List

Thursday, February 24, 2022

The Girl Who Fell Beneath the SeaThe Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea by Axie Oh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a lighthearted Korean fairytale, told as a light adventure under the sea with the dead, kept as a Sea God's Bride but as a living spirit.

There can be no comparison of this story without pointing at the Spirited Away movie.

All told, this is a longer adventure but without Granny or NoFace. There are threads of fate, a lot of mythological creatures, and a very YA feel that definitely skews to a very Disney romance at the end.

If that sounds like what you're looking for, then don't hesitate. It's just a tad off the beaten path but has all the usual goodies of modern YA.


This was a fairly good book and I had no real complaints except that I guess I prefer a bit more spice in my diet. That richness of flavor.

I guess I've been spoiled by other SilkPunk fiction. I guess I wanted more density and history.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment