Mailing List

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King (The Guardians, #1)Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King by William Joyce
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Unfortunately, I've read a number of weak Santa-origin tales in the past, so I guess I wasn't really expecting all that much from this.

Boy, was I surprised. Not only was I hooked on the prose, the strange, gentle directions it took, but I was thrilled by the story. Aye, not only me, but my daughter as well. We read it together and both of us enjoyed it so much that we excitedly planned to read all five books to match the seasons.

I'll just say that this book is rich, fantastical, magical, and full of wonder.

For someone as jaded as me, this is a wonderful and happy occasion that left me gobsmacked.

I totally recommend this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment