Mailing List

Monday, December 27, 2021

Leviathan Falls (The Expanse #9)Leviathan Falls by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is so good.

I can repeat these words until my jaw drops off or until the elder gods pry open our universe and come slithering through, but I have to assume that saying them once, here, in this review, is sufficient.

Because this book is so damn good.

It's been a long time coming. I've been in awe ever since the first book came out, through the time when I met these two authors and enjoyed them reading excerpts from Cibola Burn, through the tv series, each fantastic book since, and the last trilogy that jumped ahead far enough to see a changed galaxy. Twice. And every single time, I've fallen all the way into the text and lived in it with utter joy, horror, pathos, and laughter.

This is what I consider top-notch SF.

And this particular book is the crown and joy of the series. Some series can't pull off good ends, but this one does it with flying colors. All those great hints and beginnings in Leviathan Wakes, all the nasty surprises, the supreme twists, the deep foundations, it all comes back around and GETS RESOLVED.

Jim, Naomi, Amos, Alex. The originals. Even Miller. All the others that had come and gone throughout the series. They all got a fantastic sendoff.

Notable sendoffs? No spoilers. But, my lordy, Jim and Amos got the chef's kiss.

Brilliant.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment