Mailing List

Sunday, October 31, 2021

My Best Friend's ExorcismMy Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*wipes a tear away from his eyes*

Well, this one hit pretty hard. It's the whole, OMG that's how I grew up... thing. Nostalgia, suburbs, the '80s, and ALL the freaky BS that came with the time. I place this side by side with Donnie Darko for the favorites that remind me of my childhood. This, alone, makes me give this a full 5 stars.

HOWEVER... I also think it's a near-perfect horror in its own right. Great characters, SO MANY DETAILS, and an excellent slow-burn with a truly delicious climax. It is, as always, the journey.

But sometimes, it's the surprises, not just the fantastic storytelling, that hit us. Can I get a hell yeah for the bodybuilders for god or the holy diet Pepsi?

Frankly, I had a fantastic time. And it was perfect for Halloween! Happy Halloween!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment