Mailing List

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Forging Divinity (The War of Broken Mirrors, #1)Forging Divinity by Andrew Rowe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This sprightly fantasy has a lot of things going for it. Adventure, of course, but its most telling aspect reminds me the most of D&D. Specifically the Domains aspect of wizardry, only fleshed out, given a very active physical role, and turned into a whole Trickster vs. a god (or at least his followers with their own Domain specialties) kind of adventure.

Was I unhappy with the way it turned out? No, not at all. I do like D&D and while this ISN'T a D&D adventure, it has a lot of things in common with it. This is perfectly fair since I originally got into Andrew Rowe's other writing through his LitRPG that really focused on tweaking skills and leveling up, so to speak, and rounding it out with fun characterizations.

Now, while I won't say this is the end-all of fantasy, it is quite enjoyable and I have no complaints.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment