Mailing List

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Heritage of Cyador (The Saga of Recluce, #18)Heritage of Cyador by L.E. Modesitt Jr.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm eating up these Recluse books like no one's business.

Why? Because they make me feel good.

It surprises me every single time. I mean, I don't generally pick up an epic fantasy tome that's full of bloody battles, tactics, strategy, and massive magical explosions only to expect a sense of balance and well-being afterward. Being energized rather than drained by the ennui of the horror of war. But I am energized.

Why? Partly because of the familiarity of a gentle formula, but mostly because the main characters are almost always amazingly well-balanced, careful, honest, and full of deep reserves of that sense of RIGHTNESS.

This book continues the story of Lerial from book 17, now pretty accomplished as a warrior-mage, but now sent to a neighboring kingdom to help out with some sticky diplomatic issues.

Suffice to say, it gets very sticky. And a LOT of people die. And I loved every single second of it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment