Mailing List

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Across the Green Grass Fields (Wayward Children, #6)Across the Green Grass Fields by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While this isn't my favorite book in the Wayward Children series, built upon misfits who escape into the worlds that are *just right* for them, I definitely have no issues with either the characters or the realm.

I mean, who doesn't want to slap a unicorn that tries to eat my mattress? Plus, they're great EATIN'.

The great opening to the book sits us firmly in the middle path where we deal with everyday bullying that really comes from those who should have been our best friends. Being socially awkward and just a little different is a subject that appeals to most people, too. There's a nod to intersex, but it is NOT the main core of the story. Growing up is, and learning to love is, more. Of course, loving doesn't have to be a who. It can also be your life.

Nice, but not that hard-hitting. Like I said, I was much more impressed with the prior ones.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment