Mailing List

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The Dark Tower: TreacheryThe Dark Tower: Treachery by Robin Furth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't say enough good things about these comics. The art is freaking wonderful. The stories in the first two volumes are great adaptations to King's Wizard and Glass, but this one takes it all much further, elucidating on the bare sketches of events leading up to the Fall of Gilead, the seat of Midworld and Roland's now-lost home.

This treatment of the original hints in the source is emotional, dark, appropriate, and fills me with great dread. Treachery, indeed. Roland's no less than his mother's. And let's not forget Farson and all his men, shall we? This is what we get for trusting anything that is evil.

We're strong enough to make it, right?

RIGHT. Say hello to my little friend, the Crimson King. :)

Story: excellent. Artwork: brilliant. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment