Mailing List

Friday, July 26, 2019

Strange WineStrange Wine by Harlan Ellison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I always think it's funny when I read a collection of "all new" stories only to learn I've read over half of them already, but them's the breaks. :)

Maybe I shouldn't have been so dedicated in reading as many Harlan Ellison stories, huh!? Ah well, that's okay. He writes great shorts.

My Favorites were "From A to Z, In the Chocolate Alphabet" - Super short stories for each letter of the alphabet.

"The New York Review of Bird" - a wonderful tribute (or otherwise) to Cordwainer Smith.

and especially "Seeing" - a pretty hard SF tribute to perception in all it's glories. :)

I might have enjoyed this collection better if I hadn't already read most. But again that's okay! It comes with the territory of shorts!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment