Mailing List

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Home (Binti #2)Home by Nnedi Okorafor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley for this ARC!

This is my third Nnedi Okarafor and I think it's a definite improvement on the previous installment of Binti which read as pretty decent as a coming-of-age novel but was even better as a world-building novel.

This sequel, or perhaps it should be considered an ongoing line of novellas following Binti, has her returning back to the home she had left so unceremoniously in the first novella, a full year later, only to encounter some interesting and sometimes painful realizations.

There's a lot of cool culture going on and even more interesting personal reveals about Binti that goes a long way to answer some of the questions that had annoyed me in the first one.

This is very welcome news, indeed! I like continuing coming-of-age novels when they're done well and I think this fits the bill. :) I especially like how Binti grows in this one. :)

No spoilers! But it's quite cool :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment