Mailing List

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Tread of AngelsTread of Angels by Rebecca Roanhorse
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This has some solid enjoyment factor going on.

I've seen this newish trend returning to angels and demons as characters in stories and I always tend to like the idea of it more than the actual execution. Of course, the same thing is true for this one, and the angels are mostly jerks and so are the demons, but that's just flavor.

In reality, the world is pretty much hardcore Victorian-esq and it has a lot of skewering of cultural mores on top of the actual mystery.

This doesn't have huge epic things going on in it and that's okay. I might keep wanting huge things and I have to just EXPECT less. Maybe someday, lol, but in the meantime, this WAS enjoyable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment