Mailing List

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

A Memory of Light (The Wheel of Time, #14)A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of the most daunting tasks I'll ever have to take.

How can I properly review a book that made me go through so much amazement, turmoil, rage, relief, laughter, utter despair, more despair, uncalled-for laughter, and appreciation for some truly awesome and surprising twists?

Seriously. I have to say that any book that can make me break into tears this often, this hard, and make me want to drown out the rest of the world around me so I can wrap myself in its pages this utterly has got to be either a book of the devil or a truly brilliant book in its own right.

Hands down, this book follows the Rule of Cool to its utter end.

This is a re-read for me and I can tell you right now that it hits just as hard now as it did the first time, and as good as the first time. So much happens. So much many totally awesome things happen.

There's no real way to say, "This book is brilliant" without sounding inane and generic. So I'll just have to say that it kicked my ass in a way that VERY few books can. In fact, I might just go ahead and put this whole series in my top ten book category and say fuck it.

It rocked me to my core and makes me beg for more. Even after I just finished the last book, I'm sitting here dreaming about starting the whole series again. Picking up EVERY single foreshadowing event (thank you, Min) and going, "OH LORDY I JUST EXPERIENCED THAT" yet again.

Satisfying?

I can't even tell you how satisfying this is. It's beyond satisfying. :)



So, uh, Brad, did you like it? Uh, the book?

*stares daggers at you*

You wool-headed sheep herder!!! Blood and bloody ashes!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment