Mailing List

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Hellion (Awaken Online #5)Hellion by Travis Bagwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I admit I'm rating this series of books entirely on how much fun I'm having. It's not the only way to rate, of course, but it is quite genuine.

I never guessed how down the LitRPG hole I'd fall or how much sheer pleasure I'd have, standing around with a goofy grin on my face. This particular book had me standing around with that look a lot.

I mean, between trying to live up to a chaotic evil role while being a real softy is fun all by itself, but when you try to raze a desert city with undead gigantic ants and sandworms, play a long con-game featuring quite a bit of awesome military chicanery and lay full siege to a fully fortified city ... TWICE... matching epic action on the same level as any epic fantasy tome, I have to tip my hat.

The imagination, tactics, and strategy is awesome. Using the quirks of one's undead army on the playing field

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment