Mailing List

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

The Body in the Library (Miss Marple, #2)The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When it comes to nosy neighbors, gossip, country intrigue, and truly sinister dancing, I think the English have the whole market locked down.

I know, I know, gossip is something of a universal FACT, but when it comes to Christie's writing, I swear I simply cannot see it in any other way. Not really. She and her observations got to me first and everything else is just a pale imitation.

Or maybe I'm full of it. Maybe I'm just feeling melodramatic after watching all these melodramatic peeps sighing and woe-betiding themselves over seeing such a promising young girl get popped off in a library.

Is it all about the money? The rage? *gasp* These people are all Good people, they'd never...

So timeless. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment