Mailing List

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Dark Light (Elizabeth Cage, #2)Dark Light by Jodi Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Surprisingly enough, I think I liked this next Elizabeth Cage book better than the first. Reading auras is fun and all but the rest of the plot was somewhat meh and the baddies were pretty much the same. The one redeeming virtue was that it was written by Jodi Talyor and I've pretty much always loved the pacing and humor in all her books.

Then comes the second book in the series and all of a sudden I love the new direction it takes. Witch stones, old fertility rites, fae magic, and lost swords -- all thrown into the mix of the unscrupulous bastards from the first. And you know what? It worked. This unpresuming housewife who just wanted to be left alone and not use her aura-reading (or reality shifting) abilities really does have a nasty knack at getting into the worst kind of trouble.

Quite amusing and it goes full circle in a very cool way. I love the fae.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment