Mailing List

Friday, December 17, 2021

The Big SleepThe Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For someone who professes to love Noir in general, I find it particularly funny that I had never read Chandler, who is, now that I've read one of his works, a bonafide master.

Or, you know, the original master, the genre-defining master, the mean man of the mean streets, himself.


Okay. So. I fell in love with it. Not only an easy read with charming language and manly man stuff and dangerous broads but a classy, twisty plot full of intrigue and bruises.

Sound like the genre? Through and through? Well, it's never entirely about the subject matter. It's about the execution. It's a murder. Or multiple murders.

It's how the author kills us that matters, see?

I am thrilled. So good.
I am murdered.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment