Mailing List

Friday, December 24, 2021

Long Shadows (Elizabeth Cage #3)Long Shadows by Jodi Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well now! This was rather surprising. I mean, we did get a few hints and the OP moments from the previous books almost spell it out... but not quite. However, the big reveal...

I can't say ANYTHING.

The calm housewife that always seems to get in over her head, seeing auras and fixing problems both ghostly or mythological, is a pretty fun UF on the surface. The love interest is pretty wholesome. The Fae side characters are fascinating, as is the long shadow that is cast over the entire series, taunting us with great things.

Of course, that great thing, the sleeper within, is just a *tad* bigger than anything I had previously thought.

Very cool. I like the oddities and the progression, but that end? Truly aggravating. Good grief.

Taylor does it again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment