Mailing List

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Kill the Dead (Sandman Slim, #2)Kill the Dead by Richard Kadrey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm so glad the second book kept up the pace of the first. All the surprises from the first continued on in fine form to give us... a zombie apocalypse meeting a noir half-angel smartass who got his chops whetted in hell.

Oh, and he hates everyone pretty much equally. It doesn't stop him from WORKING with all the various baddies, baddies, or baddies of any stripe, (including those of angelic description) but it does certainly make things interesting.

I'm very happy with this UF. It reminds me of the best features of snarky Dresden with the darkness of Marlowe while always giving us a fun time in a cut-rate video store.

Yes. It's that kind of novel. And seeing yourself get eaten away with a zombie virus is NOT pleasant even for a magician/demon assassin. Trust me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment