Mailing List

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Devil Said Bang (Sandman Slim, #4)Devil Said Bang by Richard Kadrey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I have to boil things down to their primary components, I generally have to say whether I had a really good time.

While reading this, I had a really great time.

Everything else is just extra-spicy gravy with bacon, a huge dollop of hellish bureaucracy (because, you know, that IS what hell is all about,) an unhealthy serving of killing, mayhem, and enough sweet snark to fill a mansion of Tony Snarks, and EVEN a suit of Iron Meany to go along with the bubbly humor.

And you've got yourself a tale of dual residency. Of course, all jokes aside, it's kinda hard to tell whether one is in Hell or LA.

Seriously. It IS a real problem.

So between Lucifer doing his damnedest to shirk his duties and returning to LA to wonder why the hell the ghosts are setting up a second-rate soap-opera hell on Earth, I just have to say one thing:

GIVE ME MORE.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment