Mailing List

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The Fifth Elephant (Discworld, #24; City Watch, #5)The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Re-Read.

But you know what? Other than the whole dwarf rock bits, the murders, werewolves, theft, and Detritus's exploding crossbow, I SWEAR this is a book about Brexit.

Of course, it could really be about making the European Union, but really it's about Brexit. Überwald is, of course, England. It's kinda obvious. Backward, reactionary, full of wolves, vampires, and werewolves. And Igors. Of course, Igors.

Isn't that amazing? How did Pratchett predict all these events back in 1999? Hello, dwarves!

Of course... the rest of the EU is actually Ankh-Morpork.

Eerie. So where is EU's Vimes? Come solve the crime! :)



(BTW, I liked this book the second time I read it better than the first. Tastes change and sometimes books improve.) :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment