Mailing List

Sunday, May 12, 2019

At the Gates of Darkness (The Demonwar Saga, #2)At the Gates of Darkness by Raymond E. Feist
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, I have to admit this book tickled so many of my fancies. I mean, big magic, bigger magic, OP characters, and enough demons to fill several realms AND we get to learn even more about them. :)

This is a FAR cry from some of the earlier novels that started small and stayed small. The storytelling might have a lot more nuance, but if you're missing the big blow-outs, just look here. An interesting if slightly providential new character introduced in the previous novel continues to shed some light on one of the most interesting villains in the series. And the villain himself has gotten himself in DEEP this time. :)

Worth it? Yep! The big stuff is here and while I may have a few quibbles they're nothing special. The plot must progress and all the loose ends need to be wrapped up, and if a loose end just happens to be the fate of all levels of this particular set of odd heavens and hells, then so be it. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment