Mailing List

Friday, February 8, 2019

The People That Time Forgot (Caspak, #2)The People That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was also pubbed in '18, but rather than focusing so much on the WWI bent as the other novel, it turns this cowboy into a wannabe rescuer for his buddy. I'll let the other guy's manuscript just happening to "fall" into his hands go. After all, at least we now have a good solid emotional reason to go flying in to save the man who just BARELY escaped getting eaten by tons of dinos or being blown up by the Baron. :)

MOVING ON...

I think the start of this one was pretty damn solid. I had fun and let the hand-wavy stuff go and we were thrown into some delicious dino moments right away.

But that is where it kinda goes sideways for me. The remaining novel is mostly about the indigenous cavemen and cavewomen. Not bad, mind you. I've read much, much worse. I'll also ignore the ease this American has with a new language in mere days, because, after all, the story needs to move. :)

And it moves. Lots of adventure, exploration, and tribal shit. I enjoyed most of that just fine, but what did I really want to see going on?

Yeah, you named it... DINOSAURS! So many of them are missing from the latter half. Alas!!!

All told, I really have no big complaints... but no great love, either.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment