Mailing List

Friday, February 15, 2019

MomoMomo by Michael Ende
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What was I thinking? I already count Ende's The Neverending Story to be one of the very best books ever written, so why would I waste SO MUCH TIME getting to anything else he wrote?

It blows my mind!

It's almost like SOMEONE HAS BEEN STEALING MY TIME! All those damn time-savers out there fooled me and tied me up and made my life a dull gray, smoke-filled, DEADLY TEDIOUS world! They kept me from this book... and now I know why!

It's a conspiracy of the Time-Banks.

Momo is pretty damn wonderful. The concept is classic, an epic battle between children who really understand the necessity of wasting time and the horrible monsters, the gray men, who offer up devilish riches to everyone else in order to suck the life and time from everyone else.

*shiver*

Honestly, if someone published this as the new up-and-coming YA book in today's day and age without knowing that Momo ever existed, it would be heralded as unique and gorgeous and groundbreaking. Gaiman would be blurbing it and there would be a twitter storm of praise.

But no, it's just some silly book written back in 1973. No one cares. ; ;





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment